Home    History index

Return to Guns around NZ Return to Guns around NZ

Click image to return to North Shore page.

This RML 64-pounder 71-cwt stands outside the Wardroom at HMNZS Philomel. Originally four of these were at Fort Victoria in Devonport. The NZ Government purchased them in 1885 after they had been declared obsolete by the Royal Navy in 1879.

Return to North Shore page
Photo courtesy Wally Ruffell

Guns around New Zealand   |    More equipments   |    Home